Rhode Island may be the smallest state, but 10 percent of it is covered by farmland. That equates to more than 1,000 farms covering upward of 67,000 acres. And although the trees and flowers may be off to a slow start, this spring has delivered no shortage of tiny animals. We know you love your local produce, eggs, and meat; now, you can get your cute baby animal fix locally, too. The adorable newborns pictured below are from Aquidneck Farms, the SVF Foundation, The Reynolds Barn, Baffoni’s Poultry Farm, Sakonnet Farm, and Windmist Farm. Take a look, then cue the squealing.
1. If these baby goats don’t make you smile, I’m unsure anything will.
2. Remember the movie Babe? This is way better.
3. Butch Cassidy and the Sun Goat Kid.
5. Really nice calves.
6. Wee, wee, wee.
7. Yes, these goats are wearing sweaters.
8. These week-old baby chicks have huge feet, and loved trying to eat mine.
9. Three Billy Goats Gruff.
10. Insert pizza emoji here.
Just can’t get enough of the cute? Then save the date because on June 11 from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m., the SVF Foundation celebrates their Annual Visitors Day, the only day that the farm is open to the public. It’s a rare opportunity for a sneak peek into their high-tech facilities for heritage breeds. Who wouldn’t want to meet these furry faces?