Here’s what you need to know about Newport and environs to start your week.
• Calling all yacht charter professionals: The Newport Charter Yacht Show begins Monday, June 22 at the Newport Yachting Center. The showcase includes luxury charter yachts alongside a display of ancillary goods and services for the charter industry. This four-day event, ending Thursday, June 25, is dedicated exclusively to agents, owners, brokers and captains.
• On Wednesday, June 24, Ballard Park is hosting a Children’s Tree Workshop. From 1 to 2:30 p.m. kids ages 6 to 12 will examine the trees of the Park, learn how to identify them, and understand the animals that live in them. The cost is $5 and registration is required by calling 401-619-3377.
• The Newport Art Museum’s Annual Meeting takes place on Wednesday, June 24 at 5:30 p.m.; a guest speaker will talk about growing up in a creative environment that celebrates family, art, and architecture. Members are free and the cost for non-members is $20. Seating is limited and registration is required.
• For one day only, on Thursday, June 25, Aquidneck Land Trust is offering $25 off an individual ticket to Fiesta Verde, the organization’s annual fundraiser, in honor of their 25th anniversary. Any individual ticket purchased online or in the ALT office will cost $175. The event, which has a turn-of-the-century fair theme this year, will be held on Saturday, July 25.
• In Portsmouth, a Green Animals Tour and Topiary Workshop is being held on Thursday, June 25 from 10 a.m. till noon. Chief horticulturalist Dan Christina will walk guests through The Preservation Society of Newport County’s Green Animals Topiary Garden to teach them about the history of the property and demonstrate how to clip a topiary. The cost is $35 for members and $40 for non-members; register online.
• Sail Newport will be hosting The C.Thomas Clagett, Jr. Memorial Clinic and Regatta beginning Thursday, June 25 at Fort Adams. Celebrating 13 years, the regatta for disabled sailors is preparation for athletes competing in paralympic and world championship racing.
For more stuff to do, check out our events calendar.