• Help raise funds when you start your happy hour cocktails at Cappy’s tonight (Friday, October 2), where Guest bartenders from Clean Ocean Access will be serving beginning at 5 p.m. A trip to Endless Olas Surf Camp in Costa Rica will also be raffled.
• On Saturday, October 3 and Sunday, October 4, Norman Bird Sanctuary will host its 41st Annual Harvest Fair – rain or shine. Good old fashioned fun includes a greased pole climb, tug-of-war in a mud pit, pony rides, and more, plus 70 crafters and artisans, an impressive music lineup, and tons of food. This fall tradition will begin at 10 a.m. and runs till 4 p.m. Tickets are $6 for adults and $3 for kids, and can be purchased at the door or online.
• The boating piece of Sail Newport’s Sail for Hope regatta has been cancelled, but you can still rally for what would have been the after-party at IYAC on Saturday, October 3,from 4 to 7 p.m. A $10 donation is requested at the door.
As a heads-up, here are some cancellations due to weather:
• Clean Ocean Access has cancelled the 3rd Annual Paddle to Remember for Saturday, October 3. Stay tuned for a new date.
• The 14th Annual Fort Adams Car Show has been cancelled for Sunday, October 4. No rain date has been specified.