It’s been a long, cold winter, and seems like the longer it gets, the colder it gets. Will spring ever rear its weary head? Or will it be Polar Vortex forever? With the snowdrops barely up around here, this spring is sure off to a slow start. With that in mind, we decided to get proactive, and bring spring to you. So go ahead and bask in the glory of what’s coming, because here are 20 reasons to buck up.
1. Brave little snowdrops, poking up through the snow.
2. The arrival of purple crocus.
3. Backlit daffodils.
4. Fresh herbs from the garden.
5. Getting back whatever you gave up for Lent, if you’re into that kind of thing.
6. Cute kids in fields of flowers.
7. Strawberries are coming!
8. Garden shops and sidewalk sales.
9. Backyard bouquets of iris and yarrow…
10. …or ladies mantle, salvia, and pop-of-pink roses.
11. Brown paper packages tied up with string.
12. The sweet scent of lily-of-the-valley.
13. Li’l baby daffodils, growing in a can.
16. Beds of lupine.
17. Visits to the farm.
18. Tulips from the garden, placed in a jar.
19. Hyacinth and ranunculus.
20. Wildflowers at sunset.
All photos by Maaike Bernstrom Photography.